When it comes to Digital Media, Scotland has great talent and big ambitions. A group of us got together to focus on the things we can do to make a bigger impact.
We have told the Scottish government what the industry needs to happen to ensure more success we - start more companies, build bigger companies and ensure that more distribution networks are owned and based in Scotland. We also need them to raise their game, support digital media and find ways of working alone or with the UK government to provide tax benefits to Games companies in Scotland.
- Increase both the number and scale of digital media companies
- A national drive to increase the volume and value of innovative digital media platforms owned or managed from Scotland
- A greater and more profitable role for Scottish companies in the chain of distribution and interactivity
- A more sophisticated understanding of the value to be derived from digital media as a growing and evolving business sector
- A greater commitment to improving the performance of companies in the creative ‘value-chain’
- Much more profitable leverage of intellectual property rights
- Launch a pilot programme of tax and fiscal benefits to support the Dundee games sector in 2010 to increase its global competitiveness
- Generate greater investor awareness of digital media as a growth sector and greater investor readiness on the part of emergent companies
- Cultivate a more ambitious national culture of acquisition, allowing Scottish companies to buy and not always be bought.