I always enjoy a good business focused usability article.... doesnt everyone? We’ll get to the practicum in just a moment but first, let’s talk — very briefly — about some super basic UX tenets:
- Be nice to your users and customers (and potential customers).
- Design as if your main goal is to inform and educate.
- Be honest and forthcoming, while you’re at it.
- Help your users and customers to do what they want, not what you want them to do.
- Be consistent with your message and quality of service (and I’m including software design here, folks).
- Scientific, measurable “usability” doesn’t necessarily make for a good experience.
- Good design makes people feel good.